Saturday, May 17, 2008

Camping with Jamie, Malorie, Jamison and Becky











As you can tell from the title and the pictures, I went camping on Friday night with the aforementioned people. As much as I dislike camping, we had a lot of fun. Jamie was able to put the seats down in the back of his van and I slept in there. It was kind of hard, but a lot better than sleeping on the hard, cold ground. Anyway, on our way up to the campsite, a guy flagged us down on the road saying that his Jeep had broken down at his campsite. He was there for a long weekend, so I don't know why he was desperate to get it started just then. Anyway, Jamie tried to jumpstart the car with no luck. We finally told him that we would check on him in the morning on our way back down as none of us have experience as a mechanic. We finally got to our campsite around 6:30 and were busy setting up camp (putting the tent up, finding firewood, and the most important thing: STARTING THE FIRE!!). We all know that I'm a pyro! :) The problem was that we had very little wood and even fewer matches. The people who run the campground normally have wood for sale, but they didn't have any as this was their first weekend of the season. It was really nice up there. It was warm, but not too warm. Because it's May and it has been cold, there were very few bugs. Nice! Anyway, I had made a tin foil dinner (just potatoes) before we left so I was able to eat some delicious fire roasted potatoes. Yummy! Everyone else had hot dogs...poor them :). Anyway, we had the traditional campout food--S'Mores (which were incredible, by the way) and hot chocolate, but we also roasted Starbursts on the fire. This morning we went to the overlook. I'm convinced that we went at the perfect time because everything was still green--in a few weeks it will be less so. Anyway, we had a lot of fun! I bet you're sorry you missed it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm shocked! You went camping willingly...gasp. Just teasing! Looks like you guys had fun.

The Mangelson Family said...

I wish I could have gone! I want to go camping!