Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Fourth of July baby--and WIMBLEDON!!

The fourth of July is always one of my favorite holidays--warm weather, parade, food...but most important--FIREWORKS! Ironically enough, I used to be TERRIFIED of fireworks. Now, I can't get enough. Weird. Anyway, Jeff, Jen, Kammi and London all came for the 4th and we had a great time. We played a little basketball, wiffle ball and more basketball. Katherine decided this weekend that she couldn't get enough of me. I don't know if she'll keep it up, but it was definitely a self-esteem builder :) (that one's for you Jen). Hope everyone's fourth of July was fun! Oh, I almost forgot...Wimbledon is one of the highlights of my year. This year Venus Williams took her 5th singles title and she and Serena won doubles. Oh, and the "King of Grass" fell on his...bum. :) What did you think I was going to say??

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! Everyone needs a little self esteem builder. I don't know how I'd make it through the day without hearing "Mom, I love you." "Mom, your beautiful." Just wait until Katherine is able to talk...you'll love it!

The 4th was so much fun! Thanks for having us. Keep an eye on that couch set for us...let no one buy it!

The Mangelson Family said...

That is a really cute picture of Katherine. Oh wait- all pictures of Katherine are cute! =) That was a really fun weekend.