Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Reunion

A couple of weeks ago my family and I had the opportunity to get together for our 8th annual family reunion. This was just my immediate family (brothers, sister, their spouses, kids). We always have a great time (although it can be crazy!). This year we went to Jeff's and Jen's house. We spent time playing Rock Band, went to a fish hatchery, had ice cream, went geocaching, went swimming (with the pool all to ourselves), ate out, and went to Shoshone Falls--where we did more geocaching. Those were all just the planned activities. We had a lot of fun just hanging out, playing Ultimate Frisbee, British Bulldog, etc. Anyway, I really had a good time. I know that Jeff and Jen were stressed (particularly Jen) but hopefully the good memories outweigh the bad. Cheers guys!

Anyway, you all know that my life is pathetic right now. No one needs to remind me of it. I am fully aware. I am still trying to decide about applying for two different kinds of jobs--between PSR and working for the school district. The school district pays significantly less, but it would be stable. As far as I'm concerned, PSR jobs are always risky. Anyway, that's where I am right now. I also do not have a place to live during the fall as Olivia signed a one semester contract with the Elms and they don't have any room for me. I don't have any other friends to live with, and getting my own apartment is out of the question (I would be even more of a hermit than I already am). So yes, I am going to be living at home. Anyway, there you go. Thrilling.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Ash! You break my heart. Things will work out. H.F. always seems to wait till your breaking point before pouring blessings down. Don't worry so much about the apartment situation! You will save more money :) As always Jeff and I will keep you in our prayers!

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Deutsch- what can I say? Life's a bin...... Ha Ha Ha. No worries you will do alright!