Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm excited!

So this week I get to go on my long-awaited "secret trip". I love that I don't know where we're going! I really like surprises! Anyway, we leave on Tuesday and get back on either Friday or Saturday (probably Friday). I've already had some requests for text-messages when I find out. Everyone is really curious. My boss Julie even had a dream about where we're going. I guess I've been talking about it enough that even other people are excited about it. :)
So the past week I've been working out at the gym every morning. I have to wake up at 7 to go with mom, but it's nice to get it done in the morning. I'm a little worried about what will happen when I get a job- I HATE going after work and I don't really want to wake up at 5:00 in the morning to go to the gym. Grrr...dang those "real" jobs! :) On that front, I'm still waiting to hear back from Health and Welfare and ISU. I've decided that whatever happens, happens and whatever job I'm supposed to have is the one that will come through. I'm not too worried about it. Oh, I almost forgot...Spaghetti Eis. It was a little disappointing. The ice cream/gelato (still not sure which it was) was good, but they used Strawberry jelly-type ice cream topping on it instead of raspberry sauce. They asked us and we told them what it was supposed to be. The owner was standing right there when we said it so hopefully they'll change it.
Mom, Dad and I went to Jamie and Malorie's for dinner last night. We had spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and cake. It was really good. It's funny to see Becky climb all over the place. She kept climbing on and off a chair. She also has decided that she needs to throw everything away. No wonder Jamie and Malorie think she threw their camera away!
Anyway, I'll keep you all posted about our trip! I expect a long post at the end of the week with pictures, so be ready!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

WOooHoooo! Make sure to get some goolosh for the drive, listen to books on tape, play sardines with mom, argue about where to eat, and take a load of pictures of all the fun you have! Enjoy your break! And, you can call me when you know where you are going too...if you want.

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Ditto. Fire water, listeing to the tapes, talk about what foods you like, etc. Sounds like fun! Hope you guys enjoy yourselves!

The Mangelson Family said...

Have lots of fun! It's really pretty up there so take tons of pictures! (I agree the Spaghetti eis was rather disappointing.)