Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a Blast!!




When I was in Junior High, I went on a school sponsored ski trip. I went twice in one week for two different years (I think 7th grade and 8th, but I'm not sure). For you math majors (If that last sentence was clear enough) that means that I had been skiing 4 times in my entire life. Now, if you continue to do the math, it means that I hadn't been in...about 10 years. The first time I went skiing, I had to have the little bungee cord that they attatch to the tips of the (little) kids' skis to help them stop. I was that bad. I was cured quickly of that, due the the extreme embarrassment that I felt. Anyway, I hadn't been in 10 years or so, but I'd always wanted to go back. Unfortunately for me, I have family members that are utterly unwilling to try winter sports. Anyway, Heidi and I were going to go to a church activity this past week (night skiing), but we decided to go today instead (we were worried about the roads). It was such a blast!! I want to go again!!






5 comments:

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Your Mom is afraid of winter sports! Some of us just value our medical deductables too much to want to pay them off so soonn! =)

lesmisgirl said...

Hey, mine is $700! Did I get hurt? Nope. Sometimes you just have to take a chance to have fun.

lesmisgirl said...

:)

The Mangelson Family said...

utterly unwilling to try winter sports? I want to, it's the matter of money and time!

Jen said...

I have to agree with you...Jeff is one that is unwilling to try winter sports, but his excuse is like Jamie's (his knees). I guess you'll have to teach my kids one of these years since Jeff is anti :)

Anyway, glad you had fun!