Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review

So, I promised a New Year's post--here it is. You know, I've decided that this is more of a family blog than my own. I have more pictures of the kids on here than of myself. Oh, well. They're a pretty big part of my life. I also think that pictures are better than words. Therefore, my reiview will be in pictures. Here are just a few things that happened this year:



Of course, the biggest thing that happened to ME this year, was my graduation. It took me 5 years and I'll be paying it off forever, but I would do it over again if I had to.


Playing with Kammi and London on one of my trips to Jerome to see Kammi play soccer.



Enjoying the scenery of Glacier National Park in Montana. Mom and I went to Glacier as my graduation present. It snowed on our way up there, and it was freezing. The day that we were supposed to go on our bus tour started out cloudy and ended up being beautiful. The snow just made everything more gorgeous.

Mom and I at our hotel at Glacier. We played some games, drank hot chocolate by the huge fire, and got massages.

Of course, our family gatherings (in this case, family reunion) would not be complete without ice cream.Enjoying the sights of Mesa Falls. We also went to a "museum" where Kammi dressed up like a fox (or something like that).Of course I couldn't leave out the fish farm. It was fun to see the kids react to the fish, but it was gross. I really hate fish.
We rented out a swimming pool for an hour and a half or so. It was fun to just hang out in the water, do some cannon balls and just be crazy. Geocaching. I have no idea if that's how you spell it. Oh, well. It's fun, try it.


I said goodbye to my friends at the mail center this year. It was a little sad, but I'd been there for four years, and it was time to go.


I'm sad that I don't get to see Amanda as often as I used to, but I still see her once or twice a month.
I bought a new car! It was time to get rid of my high school car and upgrade to an "adult car".

Sullivan was born!



Kammi and London had their Tavaci Christmas performance. That was really fun to go see. Playing in the snow!


I don't have a picture for this, but another big thing that happened to me this year (just barely) is that I got a new job. I had been subbing since mid October, but it was too sporatic. I interview for and got a job with the school district working with a little girl. I help around the class too and help anyone who needs special attention. It's not the most glamorous job in the world, but it's pretty fun.
Anyway, I am grateful that things have turned out well for me this year. I wondered at times if it would. We are truly blessed in our family to have all that we do and to have been able to do what we have done.
That was a confusing sentence.
Anyway, thanks to all of you that have made my year a good one. I hope that 2009 brings everyone peace, happiness and joy.

No comments: