Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas...I did. Because I work for the school district, I get two weeks off for Christmas break. Awesome. We had a pretty big snowstorm at the beginning of the week, and Melanie and I took the opportunity to take Kimby and Katherine outside to play in the snow. The girls had a lot of fun, but we didn't stay outside for too long. It was just too stinkin' cold!


You can see in this picture that the snow is almost up to my knees. This was after the first snowstorm that we had-- we got more snow on Christmas Day.

It was pretty laid back this year, as all of my siblings were spending time with their in-laws this year. We did have Melanie and Spencer (and the girls) for Christmas Eve though. I love Christmas Eve! For me, it's almost more awesome than Christmas DAY. We have a party every year, do Christmas crackers, presents, etc. This year (and last year too) we watched a Trans-Siberian Orchestra DVD called "The Ghosts of Christmas" (or something like that). Katherine loves music and dances to it whenever she hears it. I tried to upload a video of it on here, but it won't let me. I might try to add it later on Mom's computer to see if it will work then.
I also made a train this year for Christmas Eve. We had so much food, though, that we didn't eat it. It is now sitting in the freezer waiting for everyone to be here for New Years Eve. It took me forever, and nearly sent me off the edge, but in the end was worth it.
We had a little fun with our Christmas crackers...This has nothing to do with Christmas, but it was so cute, I couldn't resist.

This was Christmas morning. I got mom a Snuggie-type thing. I don't even know what it is, really. All I know is that you wrap up in it and it keeps you warm (oh, and it looks funny). Mom saw the commercial for a cheap version of this on tv and kept saying that she wanted one. I ended up seeing an ad for it at ShopKo and was able to get her a nice one for Christmas.This is what Ashley got for Christmas! I've been practicing a lot, and will probably end up taking lessons (even though I cringe at the idea). I broke the E-string (the smallest one) on Christmas day, but was able to get it restrung on Boxing Day. I don't know how good I'll be, but it's fun to play, regardless. I also got a gift certificate to get keyless entry installed in my car, gift certificates to Mama Inez and Sizzler, stuff for my guitar (strap, books, picks, tuner), a book in a series I'm reading, a hat and scarf (shown in the picture below), a gift certificate to Fandango, and Mamma Mia. I hope I didn't leave anything out. Anyway, it was a great Christmas. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas. Stay tuned for my New Years post--A Year in Review.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That train looks so awesome...well done. The girls and I did a gingerbread nativity scene and it ended up breaking, so I just gave up. So frustrating!

I love that picture of Dad...I can just hear him saying "argh, me hearties" or something silly.

So, I can't wait for you to come up with a song on your guitar for you to play me on our "anniversary." Tee hee. (Sorry if the above statement embarrasses you in any way.)